Sunday, August 8

Dragons

It has been a few years since I have found dragons as a major topic in my work. The closest to dragons in my work has been my infamous pokemon fanart. I am curious as to what has sparked this movement of fantasy in me, it may have been the DnD game I played last year...

In anycase, I want to share some characters and dragon works I have completed this year. These are from my sketchbooks. I rarely scan these up so this is a treat for ya!

Longface the dragon who refuses to smile and his faithful friend, Henry. Henry loves Longface even though he can be a bit of a stick in the mud. Completed around March.


One of my favorites of Henry and Longface. Longface is really trying his hardest to smile. Henry - "If you can't smile nicely then how am I ever going to introduce my friends to you? They'll think you want to eat them with those hideous teeth". Completed around April.


Beauty and Beast. The plan for this image was to test being able to bring back my old skills with the graphire pencil. I think I need to work more on it honestly, I do not feel I am as good as I used to be. This was created in March this year.


Kailey and Brute. From the image above I evolved the characters sketching them over and over till I was happy with them. This was completed around April.


This dragon came from the influence of the asian artwork I was surrounding myself with at the time, with a little bit of excitment of How to Train your Dragon being released in cinemas. This was created in March this year.

No comments: