Sunday, August 8

3D Dog Character

3D, The one class that I am struggling in other than English. Only just managing passes. The work we do is simple. Objects. Straight Edges. Boxes. Should be oright? I just sit staring at the computer unable to comprehend a thing. The mass overload of buttons enough scares me in 3DsMax. Last couple of classes we have been looking at characters. There is so much detail that goes into the character modeling, no lines should ever make a straight edge. (unless you are looking for that kind of style)

For some ungodly reason since I was a child the most complex puzzles were the ones I could figure out. Simple things just go over my head. I was a bored child, I wish I paid attention to the simplier things. It may have helped me work out modeling a fucking DSi. Instead I find it much easier to work out the tendons in a hand.

Anyhow, I think I have finally broken my boundaries with the 3DsMax program. I do not think this would have been possible if it wasn't for Sam, who influenced me to work at it. I didn't get my last assessment on in time but at least I am a little more confident.

Here is some early progress work for a canine creature I was working on. I think my subconscious memories were working on me, it looks like a neopets' Gerlet.



I took away the teeth, added some smoothing groups and a nose.



And here is the final, well...I may get back to it add in its eyes and teeth. For now it is complete.

No comments: